Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Work while you wait

Waiting is a part of sales. We try to manage our time effectively but sometimes we have to wait for customers who are late for a meeting or who are busy with a customer. Since some waiting is unavoidable the best strategy is to use this time effectively. We all have many small paperwork tasks that need to be done. Updating calendars, completing orders etc. can be done while sitting in a waiting room. The key is to keep the necessary materials with you at all times. This is also a good time to catch up on business reading. I always keep a few articles from sales and business magazines or printouts from the web in my jacket pocket. I seldom have time to keep up in my reading at the office,but I can use waiting time to keep myself up to date. Doing this also has a good impression on your clients. They like to work with reps who value their time as they know these reps will also value the time of their customers.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks

Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment