Monday, January 31, 2011

Set the agenda

When meeting with a customer or a new prospect it is wise to start off by telling the customer exactly what you want to cover. Say something like "Mr./Ms. Customer I'd like to thank you for your time, I know how busy you are. What I would like to do today is to ask you a few questions about your business, answer any questions you may have about my publication and discuss how they might help your business grow." Setting the agenda helps keep you on track and lets the customer know that you will not waste their time. I also like to ask the customer "Is there anything you would like to add to the agenda today?" Setting the agenda for a call get the customer involved in the meeting and facilitates the sharing of information.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks

Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment