Monday, January 17, 2011

"Send me some literature"

"Send me some literature and I'll think it over" is a customer's way to give you a "nice no." it is a non-confrontational way to give you the brush off. The best way to handle this "request for more information" is to give it back to them. "Mr./Ms. Customer, I'm glad your interested in my products and I'll be happy to send you some more information. First let me ask you a few questions so that I can determine exactly what to send you." This engages the customer in conversation and moves the sales process along. If you just blindly send out a brochure, it will go directly to the waist basket and it is likely the customer will be "unavailable" to take your follow-up call. Using this technique you will be able to engage the customer and gauge their true need and interest.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks Jim B.

No comments:

Post a Comment