Thursday, January 20, 2011

Win the new business lottery

Here is an off the wall idea for getting tough prospects to talk to you. When you can't get a meeting or get them to return try this. Take them a one dollar scratch off lottery ticket attached to a note saying: "Here are two chances for you to make some money: You may win big with this ticket or you can let show you how I can bring more paying customers to your business. The odds are 50,000 to 1 that you will win big with this ticket, but based on what I've accomplished for other local businesses the odds are very good that I can make you a lot of money." When you follow up with the customer say "I am the rep who left the lottery ticket, can I have a few minutes of your time." I have done this a number of times and it has opened some doors. This is sort of a last ditch effort but this technique differentiates you from the average sales person. The only thing you have to lose is a buck.


Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!


Thanks Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment