Monday, January 10, 2011

Shopping for sales leads

When I am out with reps I always ask them to stop at the supermarket in their territory. I am not craving a dozen of eggs or a box of Tide, but I am looking for leads. Most grocery stores have a bulletin board covered with cards from local contractors and businesses. You can also find these at building centers, hardware stores, small print shops and restaurants. I have made many sales over the years by calling on these cards. These places are a good way to find businesses that fly under the radar as they are not listed in the phone book and lack a web presence. Making the rounds of the bulletin boards as you work your territory can pay big dividends in the long run.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment