Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Elvis's lesson

Elvis impersonators usually mimic Elvis saying "Thank you...Thank you...thank you verrry much." During his career Elvis was always grateful to his fans and the people around him. You can not say "Thank you" enough. Of course you should always thank your customers but don't forget to thank the receptionist who helped you to contact the owner or your support staff that helped you get the ad in the paper. I spent most of today in the field helping a rep work his territory. This evening I received a very nice thank you e-mail from him. I spend 2 or 3 days in the field each week and seldom receive a thank you. I think nothing of this and don't really expect to be thanked for doing my job. Still this simple act had an impact on me and makes me look very favorably on this rep. Saying thank you is an extremely easy and quick thing to do, but one that sets you apart from the crowd.

P.S. Don't forget to thank your boss every now and then, sales managers don't hear this often from those above or below their level.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks

Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment