Monday, February 28, 2011

The key to closing

I spent a good bit of the day planning a training session on closing tomorrow. I actually don't give too much thought to this subject. As a young sales person I was taught a lot of closing techniques. Clever ways to trick customers into buying. I came to see over the year that if the rep asks good questions, discovers the customer's needs and then makes a good case that his product can solve the customer's problems I find the sale just happens. The biggest problem reps have with closing is that they try to close too soon. That they try to close before they have identified a problem and offered a good solution. Reps should think about closing with every question they ask. In sales, as in life timing is everything.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks

Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment