Sunday, February 13, 2011

The copysheet close

Here is a closing technique that I've used successful for many years. It is designed to help buyers to visualize their advertising. As I question customers about their business, I write the responses on my notepad. Instead of just making a list of their responses I place them in a rough sketch of an ad. I take a key point and use it as a headline. Minor points are listed in the body of "the ad" as bullet points. I add the customer's name and contact information and draw a border around it. I sometimes even add "art'" with a simple stick-figure sketch. I turn the pad around and after apologizing for my poor art skills, describe the ad to them. I suggest a size that would hold the information in my rough layout. If the customer balks at the price of the proposed ad, I ask them "That's fine, what's not important for your customers to know about your business?" They are often reluctant to delete anything and I often close an order using this technique.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling !

Thanks

Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment