Sunday, March 14, 2010

Identify the Champions

When I was a young, ambitious rep I wanted to be the best sales person in my company. I asked my boss for advice on making this happen. He said top reps know how to sell every product and every kind of customer. He said that almost every person on the sales force had one or two things they were really good at selling. He suggested I go to the top person in each product category and find out what they do. I did that and within a year I became the top rep in my office. I have followed his advice for the last thirty years. When I want to learn something I seek out the "master" and learn from them.

This is good advice for anyone who wants to grow and become better at anything.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment