Thursday, January 14, 2010

Weekly quote

One of my favorite books is Dr. Stephen Covey's "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" This book is a practical guide to leading a more productive and fulfilling life. Covey's book is not a self help book full of platitudes and vague theories but a road map to becoming a better person. Here is a quote from Dr. Covey

"Taking initiative does not mean being pushy, obnoxious, or aggressive. It does mean recognizing our responsibility to make things happen."

A testimony to the power of this book is the fact that decades after it was first published, it still appears regularly on the business best seller list. I suggest you pick up a copy. It is a book that bears some study. I have read the Seven Habits many times and each time I get something new from it.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks Jim Busch

1 comment:

  1. Shhep is a great read, I have it on my ipod and listen to a chapter here and again. Honeslty made me more effective.
    William Peedabo.com

    ReplyDelete