Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Keep the focus on value

Today I was in the field with a rep calling on a hearing aid dealer. The advertiser was complaining because my paper did not cover all of his area. In questioning the client I learned that we covered about 85% of his market. Like many people he was focused on what was missing rather than what he had. I reminded the customer that we could reach thousands of readers in his service area for just pennies per home delivered. I reminded him that the area we reached was well worth the investment required. I used a series of questions to help the customer see the value he was receiving from us. I could not change the situation or change our circulation so I concentrated my efforts on helping the customer see the situation in a different light.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment