Thursday, November 18, 2010

Great Question

Here is a question that I like to ask to uncover a customer's USP (Unique Selling Proposition). If you ask a prospect what sets them apart from their competition you often get a shrug of the shoulders and a "I don't know." I use this format to set up the question and create a visual for the client: "Mr./Ms. Customer, imagine that I am the worst comparison shopper in the world. Before I will buy your product I bring you and all of you competitors into a room and set you all around a table. One at a time, I ask each of you "Why should I buy from you instead of one of these other guys?" What would you tell me?" Asking the question in this way usually generates a good response from the customer. I often find that what they tell me makes a great headline for their ad.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment