Monday, May 17, 2010

Trap those ideas

Ideas can be fleeting things, they can go away as fast as they come to you--unless you trap them before they can escape. I always carry a small pocket notebook and have made a habit of writing down my ideas, or fragments of ideas as soon as they occur to me. I jot down ideas for promos, ads, sales techniques etc. until I have time to give them some more thought. I transcribe these ideas into a larger notebook, writing them at the top of the page. This gives me room to record related thoughts and develop the idea further. When I need an idea to drive revenue or to use in training, I flip through my notebook and often find something to jump start my creativity. Since I am 57 years old, the notebooks have worked well for me for over 30 years, you may prefer to use a smart phone and/or a laptop to corral those creative thoughts. We work in a creative business. Ideas are our stock and trade. However you do it, a systematic system of capturing and developing ideas will make you more successful.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment