Sunday, October 17, 2010

What happens in Vegas, doesn't have to stay in Vegas

I'm back from the SACP/PNAWAN conference in Las Vegas and so is this blog. I enjoy attending conferences and find them a great place to learn more about our business. The people who attend these events are some of the best in our industry and are committed to improving their skills. Ostensibly, I attend theses conferences to teach but often I think I benefit more than my students. A sales rep from Utah gave me a great idea. Her paper doesn't have a web site which puts her at a competitive disadvantage relevant to the local daily paper. She helped the customer set up a Facebook page for her advertisers and then e-mails a copy of their ad to them to load on the page. She puts the customers page address into each ad along with the Facebook logo. This gives the account an Internet presence and leaves the rep in control of the business. A great idea, particularly for reps working for smaller papers.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment