Thursday, October 21, 2010

The six rules of enthusiasm

When I first went into sales I would go to the library and check out everything I could find on sales. I would copy or write down points that I wanted to remember. Recently I found something I had photocopied long ago from a sales book. I am not sure where this is from (There is a reference to Edward R. Murrow on the page so I think it dates back to the 1950's) but it makes just as much sense as it did many decades ago.

The first way to rise above the crowd is to do the ordinary thing with extraordinary enthusiasm. The six rules for feeding and developing enthusiasm are:
  1. Choose to sell something you can be enthusiastic about.
  2. Keep on learning all you can about it.
  3. Take pride in it.
  4. When enthusiasm lags, work harder.
  5. Work and talk enthusiastically
  6. Exposure yourself to enthusiastic people

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment