Sunday, April 11, 2010

Set the agenda

A good way to start off a call is to set an agenda. Starting off a call by telling the prospect what you intend to cover and ask them if they have anything they want to add. Here is an example:

"Mr. Customer, today I would like to ask you some questions about your business to determine if their is anyway my publication can help you build traffic. I also brought along some example of ads run by other businesses like yours that I would like to share with you. Of course I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about my company."

Setting the agenda shows the prospect that you have a plan and that respect their time. It sets you apart from the less professional sales people who call on them.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment