Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Constantly Collect Ideas

I am blogging tonight from the rim of the Grand Canyon in Arizona. I am on my way to teach at the AFCP annual conference in Tucson. Today I walked the south rim of the canyon, bought a few souvenirs for my grandson, took a lot of pictures and bought every local paper I could find. Whenever I am out of town or even out on calls in my own area, I pickup or buy every paper I see. When I get a moment I will go through the papers page by page looking for good ideas. I look for promo ideas, good ad layouts, powerful headlines and anything else i might be able to use. I keep an "idea" file with ads filed by business type plus sections labeled "promos", "headlines" etc. When I need an idea I consult my file and usually find something I can adapt to my need. (I also include design and copy ideas I find in national publications and magazines) Creativity is nothing more than having a stock of good ideas in the bank and knowing which one to pick.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment