Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tie Down the sale

Tie Downs are are simple technique that can make a big difference in your sales results. A Tie Down is a simple question placed at the end of a statement that seeks agreement from the prospect. Here's an example of a Tie Down, "I think this ad will bring in more carry-out business, don't you?" or "A buy one get one coupon will bring first time customers, wouldn't you agree?" I accompany these Tie Down statements with nodding and a smile so that my body language agrees with my words. I

I have shown this technique to many of the reps I work with and they were often skeptical. When they tried incorporating Tie Downs into their presentations they found them to be very effective. If you do this for a while using tie downs will become a natural part of your speech (Just ask my wife) I am confident that using Tie Downs is a good idea, aren't you?

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment