Monday, March 28, 2011

The secret to success in sales

Here is an important thing to remember if you are a sales person:
"People like to talk a lot more than they like to listen!"
I was out with a sales rep today who told me that many customer's won't give him 30 seconds. Once I saw him in action i understood why--he never asked a question but just babbled on about our products. People are only interested in your product if they think it can benefit them. You have to uncover problems and opportunities by listening to them. I visited several of his "quickie" customers and engaged them in some lengthy and useful conversations. They opened up when I showed some genuine interest in them. Like everyone else we like to talk, but if we want to make money as salespeople, we need to suppress the urge to open our yap! Keep Smiling, Keep Selling! Thanks Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment