Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Looking for leads in all the right places

Supermarkets, home centers and hardware stores are great sources for leads. These stores often have bulletin boards where many contractors post their cards and fliers. I also print up a small ad for myself saying listing some of my papers benefits and my number. When I stop at the bulletin boards to pick up leads I post up a few of these cards. Over the years I have made quite a few sales this way.

A few years ago one of the reps that works for my company had a small lumber yard as a client. He asked his customer when most of the contractors stop in to buy their materials. Per his customer he visited the lumber yard at 7 am, the next Monday morning and set up a folding table. For the next two hours he handed out free donuts and coffee along with his business cards. For a price of a few donuts, he landed three contract advertisers. Sometimes you need to think out of the donut box.

Keep smiling, keep selling.

Thanks Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment