Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Give them a chance to get back to you

Recently I received a voice mail message from a fellow trainer. This is a person that has been selling and training for decades. I hold this person in high regard and admire his great communication skills. I really wanted to speak to my colleague but I couldn't quite decipher his message. He spoke so quickly, that after listening to the message three times I couldn't quite get his phone number. This is an all too common problem. I think this goes back to the early days of answering machines when message time was very limited. Today's systems are usually voice actuated and you have all the time necessary to leave a message and your number.

When leaving a message speak slowly and clearly. Speak naturally and let your personality shine through. You may be speaking to a robot but that doesn't mean you have to be one. Leave a message on your own voicemail and listen to how you sound. Voice mail is a fact of life today, leaving good clear messages is an important sales skill

Keep smiling, keep selling

Thanks--Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment