Monday, June 27, 2011

The I/You rule

To keep customers engaged it is important to talk about their favorite subject--themselves! When you talk about yourself you lose them. To prevent this from happening apply the "I/You rule". When speaking, make no more than one "I" statement for every three "You" statements. Of course this should be extended to statements about your company versus statements about their company. For example instead of saying "I'd like to show you something." say "Here is something you'll be interested in." In place of "My paper reaches every home in the area." say "John Smith Plumbing could every home in your service area." If you make a conscious effort to make the "I/You" rule a part of your sales presentations, it will soon become a habit. Using this rule in all your conversations, not only helps your sales grow but can help you build positive relationships in all aspects of your life.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks

Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment