Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fit to sell

For the last six weeks I have been trying to take better care of myself. I have tried to eat more sensibly by eliminating "junk" food and eating more fruits and vegetables. I have also started exercising again and am trying to get more sleep. I started this because my wife was concerned for my health. I have lost some weight and my clothes fit a bit better which I expected. What I did not expect was the impact on my effectiveness at work. I find that I have more energy and that my concentration has improved. It is hard to prove. but I feel more creative as well. In our stress filled business with its deadlines and rushed schedules it is very easy to get into bad habits. My experience over the last month and a half have taught me a valuable lesson--the better we take care of ourselves the better we can serve our customers. To maximize our effectiveness we need to maximize our health.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks

Jim B.

No comments:

Post a Comment