Monday, November 2, 2009

Thanksgiving letters

Time keeps rushing by and November is here already. Here is an idea that I have used both as a sales person and as a manager to set myself apart. I always sent my advertisers a Thanksgiving letter. Every vendor sends out Christmas cards, so it is easy to get lost in the pile. Very few business people acknowledge Thanksgiving Day. It is the logical time to reach out to your customers, to thank them for buying from you. When I do this, I always get very positive feedback, often clients actually pick up the phone and call to wish me a Happy Thanksgiving.

Here is the copy I used last year:

Thanksgiving is a season of reflection, a season of giving thanks for our blessings throughout the year. It is a season to remember the special people who have helped us and whose very presence brightens the world. I always enjoy speaking with you and having you as a customer has made my job a great pleasure. As Thanksgiving approaches I’d like to express my gratitude for allowing me the privilege of working with you. Thank you for your business and for always being so pleasant. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

I print these out on Thanksgiving stationary from the office supply shop and mail them to all of my clients. This is a low cost, high impact way to build your relationship with a customer.

Keep smiling, keep selling

Thanks Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment