Thursday, November 5, 2009

Friday Quote 11/6/09

This week's quote is from one of the great creative minds from the "Golden Age" of advertising, David Ogilvy:

"Whatever you do, you should want to be the best at it. Every time you approach a task, you should be aiming to do the best job that's ever been done at it. Anyone who does that will be successful...and rich."

Ogilvy is one of the founders of the Ogilvy and Mather advertising agency. He is also the author of two great books on advertising (Confessions of an advertising man & Ogilvy on advertising)) Ogilvy was highly creative and a superb copy writer. He put the eye patch on the Hathaway shirt man and wrote "At 60 miles per hour the only sound in my Rolls Royce is the ticking of the clock". I suggest picking up one of his books , in spite of their age they are still packed with useful ideas on creating powerful ads and on the creative process.

I've received a number of requests for a list of books that I would recommend. This is a daunting task, but I've started putting it together. I hope to launch a website soon and this will be a part of my page.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling

Have a great weekend. Thanks Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment