Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Look busy

This past weekend I traveled to San Antonio Texas to speak at the Texas Community Paper Association conference. One of the other speakers was my friend Mike Blinder. Mike had a lot of great things to say but hear is one that really struck me: "Busy people always respect busy people." I see a lot of reps who do not value their own time and this sends the wrong message to clients and prospects. If you tell the customer, "I have a lot of people to see today so let me get right to the point" you send the signal that you are busy and successful. If you say "I can be there when ever you want", or "sure I can wait an hour to see you", you tell the customer that you are desperate and maybe they shouldn't advertise with you. If you don't respect your time, the customer certainly never will. Keep Smiling, Keep Selling! Thanks Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment