Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"How Much" Buying Signal or Trap?

When you introduce yourself to a prospect and they ask "How much is an ad?" It that a buying signal or are you being set up for a fall. I 999 out of a 1000 times this is a set up. If you told the prospect "I can get you a full page for a nickel!" Their response will be "THAT'S TOO MUCH!" This is a way to set you up and get rid of you. How do you respond to the "how much" question? Here's what I say: "Mr. Customer, I'm glad to hear you are interesting in advertising but I'm not sure how much an ad would be. Before I can give you a price I need to know a little about your business so I can give you a quote. Let me ask you a few questions and I promise I'll give you some pricing before we're finished." Don't let the customer set you up for a fall.

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks

Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment