Thursday, September 10, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to Ideas and Eyeballs.

This blog is dedicated to helping advertising sales people and advertising sales managers achieve their goals. My goal is to provide front line sales people with practical information that they can use to make more sales and better serve their advertisers. After 30 years as a sales person, sales manager and sales trainer, I believe I can offer you some unique insights. My career takes me around the country and I get to talk to some of the most successful people in the industry. I am also a bit of a "sales geek", I spend a lot of time reading books on sales, advertising, marketing and psychology.

I love to talk to other sales people and learn from them. Unfortunately I can't sit down with each of you and have a face to face conversation. Fairfax Cone once said "Advertising is what you do when you can't go see somebody," the same could be said of this blog. Knowledge is useless, unless it is shared, this blog is my way of sharing what I have learned and I hope you will want to share your thoughts with me.

My goal is to post at least twice week. Initially I will do this on Monday and Thursday mornings. Thank you for reading this.

Thanks--Jim B.

No comments:

Post a Comment