Wednesday, September 23, 2009

12 Months of Sales Information

When I arrived at my office this morning, I found my monthly copy of Selling Power in my inbox. I have subscribed to Selling Power for well over twenty years. I subscribe to a number of magazines but this is the only one that I have kept for this long and it is the only magazine I read cover to cover every month.

I like Selling Power because it is written by sales people for sales people. Each month it is packed with practical advice that I can share with my sales reps and managers. Selling Power is a great resource for sales managers and provides pre-packaged training for their sales meetings.

I paged through my copy and the first thing that caught my eye was a one page article titled "Sixteen ways to survive a recession and build your sales", the same edition also features articles on benefit selling, identifying buying motives and much much more. I never put down Selling Power without taking away at least two or three actionable ideas to make me more successful.

Lawyers read the law review to keep up on current case law. Physicians read medical journals to stay abreast of the latest medical research. Sales people need to study their profession as well. Top sales people are always looking for ways to improve their selling skills and enhance their skills. Selling Power magazine is a great resource for anyone who sells for a living (Also check out their great website). A subscription to Selling Power is $33 per year, I guarantee you this is an investment that will pay for itself many times over.

Thanks for reading. Keep smiling, keep selling!

Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment