Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The rolling classroom

As sales people we spend a great deal of our time in the car. You can put this time to productive use by listening to audio books in the car. Sales training legend Zig Ziglar termed this "Automobile University" I can listen to 1 1/2 to 2 books per week during my travels. About half of these books are sales/business related and the other half are histories or biographies (which also offer lessons for sales people. This means that I listen to 50 or more business books in a year. The old proverb knowledge is power is especially true in sales and this has helped me to become a better sales person and a better manager. I get most of the books I listen to at my local library though their are online book rental companies. As Benjamin Franklin said "An investment in knowledge, pays the best interest."

Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!

Thanks Jim Busch

No comments:

Post a Comment