Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What's behind that objection?

Someone once asked me "How do you know when a prospect is lying?" The answer "Their lips move!" While this might not be completely accurate, customers seldom give you the real reason they won't buy an ad. They may say they don't need it or that they don't have the money but this may not be what they're really thinking. In my experience Here are the questions customer ask themselves when they hesitate to buy something from you:


  • What's in it for me? Where's the value?

  • Why should I buy from this guy? Is he/she here to help me or just to sell me something?

  • What's the big difference? What do they offer that I'm not getting from what I do now?

  • How will spending this extra money help me?

Answer these unspoken questions and you are sure to get the sale.


Keep Smiling, Keep Selling!


Thanks


Jim Busch


No comments:

Post a Comment