Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Trapping ideas

Someone once said that "creativity is the ultimate competitive advantage." This is especially true in the advertising business. Ideas are our stock and trade. As I go through my week I see many things that stimulate my creativity. I see opportunities for new products, a need for a new sales approach or I think about a new sales tool. In the hustle and bustle of the work week, ideas get lost in the midst of a fast paced day. I make a point of carrying an "idea trap." This is a small memo book dedicated to writing down the ideas that occur to me during the day. I suppose more tech savvy people could use their smart phone or  I-pad but a simple notebook works best for me. I don't use this notebook for anything else, no phone numbers, expenses etc. At the end of the week, I go through the book and create files for the ideas I want to act on. This technique keeps me supplied with an constant stream of actionable ideas.

Take it easy but TAKE IT! Jim Busch
  

No comments:

Post a Comment