The qualifications I (David Ogilvy) look for in our leaders are these:
- High standards of personal ethics.
- Big people, without pettiness.
- Guts under pressure, resilience in defeat.
- Brilliant brains--not safe plodders.
- A capacity for hard work and midnight oil.
- Charisma--charm and persuasiveness.
- A streak of unorthodoxy--creative innovators.
- The courage to make tough decisions.
- Inspiring enthusiasts--with thrust and gusto.
- A sense of humor
Not a bad list to look for or aspire to.
Thanks for reading!